Back to Experience North Korea
- Meet your guide at 1:30 pm at the Beijing Zhong Gu Hotel near Beijing Railway Station. During this meeting, we'll go through the tour’s itinerary, receive DPRK visas and tickets, as well as a great chance to meet your fellow travellers and to discuss any other questions you may have about the DPRK.
- Depart Beijing Central station at 5:25 pm for the 24-hour sleeper ride to Pyongyang.
- Arrive at Dandong at 7:00am for Chinese border control then depart for Sinuiju at 10:00am for the extensive border control from the DPRK side
- Depart Beijing Airport Terminal 2 on Air Koryo at 12:55pm
- Flight arrival in Pyongyang at 3:30 pm to a warm welcome from your Korean guides.
- Train arrival at 5:30 pm to an equally warm welcome.
- Visit Mansudae Grand Monument to show our respects to the President Kim Il Sung and the Leader Kim Jong Il.
- In the evening your guide will show you around the hotel before taking you for drinks and to get to know your Korean guides
- Dinner and overnight at the Yanggakdo Hotel.
- Early wake up for a drive down to Kaesong City
- Panmunjon DMZ Village- see the DMZ and the treaty and conferences rooms where the armistice was signed all in the company of a friendly KPA officer guide (You can also take pictures of soldiers here!)
- Koryo Museum- the oldest university in Korea and now a converted museum of local history. Also the site of the best propaganda and stamp/postcard shop in the DPRK!
- Lunch at the Thongil Restaurant in Kaesong City- try your hand at traditional Korean Pansangi- a series of dishes served in bronze bowls. (Optional extras- Dog soup 5 euro, Ginseng Stuffed Whole Chicken 30 euro- can be split between several).
- Tomb of King Kongmin- the only original tomb of its kind still standing in the DPRK.
- Drop by Sariwon City (Capital of North Hwanghae province) to walk in the local folk custom park and view the city from the mountaintop pagoda, as well as grab a beer or Makkoli in a local bar.
- Photo opportunity of the Monument to the Three Charters of National Reunification, standing over the Thongil Highway.
- Drive back to Pyongyang
- Dinner at the KITC Restaurant in Mangyongdae
- Kaeson Youth Park (entry 2 euros, rides 3 to 5 euros extra each depending on how awesome they are).
- Overnight at the Yanggakdo hotel.
- Free morning to buy last minute souvenirs or gifts and to show you around some sights you may want to visit.
- Departure by flight or by train.