EVEREST BASE CAMP TRIP (JULY 28TH – AUGUST 1ST 2018)
After 5 days on our Tibet Tour you’ll have seen enough monasteries to last a little while, so why not top it off with a sight of the world’s highest mountain as part of our Everest Base Camp Trip.
We encourage our Global Villagers to indulge in the adventurous, and a trip to Everest Base Camp is right at the top of that list. No pun intended!
Our 5-day Everest Base Camp Trip itinerary will be taking us to the cities of Gyantse and Tibet’s second largest city of Shigatse. We also check out the Pelkor, Rongbuk and Tashilumpo monasteries. There’s a reason this place is known as the roof of the world – expect some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world.
- Get up close and personal with one of the world’s most amazing sights. We will travel to Everest Base Camp and from here, view Mt. Everest in all its glory!
- Get off the beaten path of other travellers and tour Tibet’s second city Shigatse, the seat of the Panchen Lama
- We will take you to some incredible monasteries, again off the well-worn tourist path
- All Tibet permits
- Local guide fees
- Transport on the tour
- Entrance fees
- Lunch & Dinner
- Optional extras such as horse riding
- Chinese Visa
- Tips for the local guide
|At a glance:
||Lhasa-Shigatse-Everest Base Camp-Shigatse-Lhasa 5 days 4 nights
ITINERARY > EVEREST BASE CAMP TRIP
Friday 20th July
- If you are joining us from our preceding Tibet Tour it’s bright and early this morning. If you are taking part in our Everest Base Camp Trip only, welcome! You will have arrived into Lhasa at least the day before as per your own travel schedule.
- We stock up on a big breakfast before we take to the road again
- We drive to Gyantse built on the banks of the Kyichu River. It also boasts an impressive view of Lake Yamdrok from 4800 metres altitude!
- Upon landing in Gyantse we check out the stunning Pelkor Monastery and Kumbum Stupa
- Next, we move on to Tibet’s second largest city of Shigatse
- As we settle down in Shigatse for the night we will enjoy a few liquid refreshments and dinner in an authentic local restaurant
Saturday 21st July
- After breakfast, we take to the Friendship Highway for our drive to Tingri. Check out the sights of some impressive mountain range, we’ll have a few photo pit stops if weather permits.
- As we draw closer to Everest Base Camp we’ll stop by Rongbuk Monastery where we will spend the night
- After dinner, we will hit the hay early before our early rise for Mt Everest
Sunday 22nd July
- Up early to catch the sunrise with the monks at Rongbuk
- Your choice to hike or take a bus Basecamp. Needless to say – bring your camera! Take in the sites of the largest mountain in the world, standing at 8848 metres – Mount Everest or Chomolungma as it is known locally.
- Back to the monastery for some lunch
- In the afternoon we drive back to Shigatse where we spend the night and enjoy dinner and a few well-earned drinks.
Monday 23rd July
- Breakfast in Shigatse and then we hit the road back to Lhasa
- Visit the Tashilunpo Monastery, the largest monastery in Western Tibet. This is the last of the famous historic visits on the trip, and a good one to finish on.
- Our last night of the trip kicks off with a feast of yak meat and locally brewed Lhasa beers. Say your goodbyes to Tibet over beers and some traditional folk dancing!
Tuesday 24th July
- The morning is free for a ramble around the streets of Lhasa, a good chance to pick up some last-minute souvenirs before the train journey.
- Board the train from Lhasa to Xi’an/Beijing and say our goodbyes.