GLOBAL VILLAGE TOURS – MODERN WONDERS OF IRAN (OCTOBER 2017)
Our Iran tour will allow you to dispel all preconceptions from international headlines, as you immerse yourself in this fascinating culture, from smoking shisha with the locals to visiting a traditional Iranian gym. Take a culinary journey by sampling traditional food and local teas. Enjoy a hearty welcome as you take a trip through a spellbinding history, from the Persian Empire to the Islamic Revolution to the precarious present. Iran is a country of astounding beauty, that you will take pride in visiting.
Explore lavish gem-filled palaces, peruse bustling bazaars and gaze in awe at the stunning beauty of mosques; Iran truly is the country where East meets West, where tradition meets modernity. Iran is a country comprised of numerous ethnic groups derived from its historic Greek, Arab, Turkic and Mongol occupiers. Immerse yourself in its unique history whilst you bask in their famous hospitality.
- Visa (invitation letter)
- 7 Nights Accommodation in mentioned hotel on TWIN sharing basis B/B
- A/C comfortable coach with professional driver throughout trip
- Iranian and Western English Speaking Guides for your Iran tour
- Entrance fees for all mentioned monuments
- Portage at hotels and airport
- Tehran/Shiraz domestic flights
- Fee for issuing Visa (at Iran embassy)
- International air tickets
- Tip of the guide and driver
- Any personal expenses & services not included in the above itinerary
- Meals (around 7 Euro per day)
|At a glance:
|Tehran > Shiraz > Persepolis > Esfahan >Tehran 7 nights, 8 days
Monday 9th October– Tehran
- Arrival by flight as per your own schedule. You can spend the day checking out Tehran and also meet-up with other members of your group to mark the start of your Iran tour.
- Experience Old Tehran by night and soak up the atmosphere, meeting the friendly inhabitants of this city and sampling tea and other offerings
- National Jewelry Museum of Iran – a spectacular attraction and always one that stands out as a highlight on the Iran tour.
- We spend the night at The Evin Hotel, great accommodation in Tehran.
Tuesday 10th October – Tehran
- City tour through Tehran which will include examples of anti-US propaganda and the US embassy itself, made famous in the recent movie Argo. We may possibly be able to see inside the embassy as well.
- Visit the Palaces of the last Shah of Iran Saad Abad Palace & Niavaran Palace
- We stop for lunch in the Darband Hills neighbourhood with some free time to relax by the river
- Visit a well-known shopping area in Tehran, Tajrish Bazaar. There is a mosque here which we will visit and you will have one hour of free time to explore the area.
- No Iran tour would be sufficient until we will enjoy a meal at the Ayaran restaurant which is one the most famous in restaurants Iran and located close to Ferdosi Square. Enjoy sampling Iranian kebabs!
- Night walking tour in the city – smoke some Shisha if you like and chat with the locals – a popular Iranian pastime.
- We spend the night at The Evin Hotel
Wednesday 11th October – Tehran/ Shiraz
- We hop on our morning flight to Shiraz for the next leg of our Iran tour.
- Early afternoon check-in at the Shiraz Niyanesh Boutique Hotel in Shiraz, Iran.
- We time to check out the Citadel in the cities centre. Opportunity to here again to meet the locals who are likely to approach us with their trademark hospitality that is found throughout Iran.
- For some shopping and photo opportunities, we will visit the local bazaar where there will be a chance to purchase some old anti
- American stamps and memorabilia from a collector who is based here.
- We visit the Saray E Mehr restaurant here to try the traditional Persian, ‘Dizi’ stew
- Relaxation time with tea and shisha at a local writer’s tea house. Iran is famous for the number of students studying literature and you are sure to meet some of them here.
- Dinner in the evening with various options
- We spend the night at The Chamran Grand Hotel in Shiraz.
Thursday 12th October – Shiraz/Persepolis
- In the morning, we visit the Nasir ol Molk Mosque or ‘The Pink Mosque’ with its spectacular stained glass windows. In the morning light, it is one of the most amazing sights in Iran.
- We travel onward to Persepolis.
- Lunch at ‘Paradise’ a typical restaurant with traditional Iranian cuisine.
- The ancient site of Necropolis.
- Botanical gardens of Shiraz.
- We will have some Shiraz ice-cream at a well-known ice-cream parlour.
- The Tomb of Hafez – built in honour of the Iranian poet.
- Dinner in the evening.
- The streets are your playground as you explore them by night.
- We spend the night at Chamran Grand Hotel in Shiraz.
Friday 13th October – Shiraz/Esfahan
- Travel to Esfahan taking in the tomb of Cirus and an ancient fortress nearby.
- Lunch in a local restaurant en route to Esfahan.
- Visit the spectacular Khaju bridge. You will have the chance to walk across and chat to locals at this ancient meeting place and it is really a great place to experience in this tour of Iran.
- Dinner options at a variety of local restaurants.
- We will have the pleasure of visiting a historical carpet shop with a demonstration of what makes Persian carpets unique.
- We will visit The Abbasi Hotel in the evening for traditional Iranian tea. The hotel is 300 years old.
- We spend the night at Setareh Hotel in Esfahan
Saturday 14th October– Esfahan
- We visit the amazing Safavid Chehelsetoon Palace before the Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque and Ali-qapoo Palace.
- Delicious traditional lunch at an Iranian restaurant.
- Spectacular Shah Mosque with its dark Persian Blue mosaic.
- Shopping opportunity and the local market square and bazaar.
- If you would like to visit the Iran/Iraq war museum you can do so.
- Visit a traditional and unique Iranian gym to will possibility of Persian wrestling to the sound of a drum & bell.
- Overnight at Setareh Hotel
Sunday 15th October – Esfahan/Tehran
- Flight back to Tehran
- Some great attractions of Iranian history today!
- Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini
- Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery
- Revolution Monument
- Check-in to Evin Hotel
- Last dinner and goodbyes with your group at the Armenian Club. Alcohol is permitted here (one of the only places in Iran where alcohol is allowed) feel free to enjoy some wine if you wish!
Monday 16th October – Tehran
- Feel free to do some last minute shopping
- Flight departure to mark the end of our Iran tour or if you are taking part in our Caucasus Tour we travel onward from here